This year we have had a ton of zucchini in our garden. I had to figure out what I was going to do with all of them. Then one day my neighbor gave me a bite of coconut zucchini bread that someone had given her. It was so good, so I decided to try out my own recipe of coconut zucchini bread. We also have a lot of berries growing in our garden so I decided to add some of those in as well. I am also a fan of slivered almonds in quick breads, so I tossed some of those in there too. They added an extra crunch that made it perfect. Here is how you make this yummy bread!
You start by mixing all the dry ingredients.
Then toss some almonds in there.
Next in a separate bowl mix all the wet ingredients together including the zucchini.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
Next you want to gently fold in the berries. I had these beautiful raspberries fresh from my garden that I added.
The batter is then ready to pour into the prepared loaf pans. This recipe just makes one loaf. When I made these I doubled the recipe and divided them into 4 pans. They made smaller loafs, so if you want small loafs divide the batter into two. Sprinkle the tops with slivered almonds and coconut.
Bake the bread at 35o for 50 min. The loaf should be a brown color. While the bread is baking prepare the lemon glaze by mixing 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1 T melted butter,and the juice from 1/2 a lemon. If the mixture seems too thick add a little bit of milk. Drizzle over the top of the warm loaf and be prepared for a delicious zucchini bread!
I love to gift bread as a birthday present to my friends. To gift these loafs I wrapped them in parchment paper. To add some character to the parchment paper I baked the paper in the oven at 375 for about 15 min. They came out with that cute cream color. I then wrapped the parchment paper around the bread and tied it with jute.
I hope you try the recipe out and let us know how it turns out! Happy Baking!
Coconut Zucchini Bread
A taste of the tropics in a quick bread.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups unpeeled grated zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cube butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup raspberries or blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, shredded coconut, almond slices, and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl mix together the zucchini, eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Carefully fold in the cup of berries.
- Prepare one loaf pan by spraying it with cooking spray. Pour all the batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle the top with slivered almonds and coconut. Bake for 50min. Check within the last 10min to see if it is done.
- While the bread is baking prepare the lemon glaze by mixing 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1 T melted butter,and the juice from 1/2 a lemon. If the mixture seems too thick add a little bit of milk.
- When the loaf is done transfer it to a wire rack and drizzle with a lemon glaze.